Muslim Social Services, Kitchener Waterloo regrets the resignation of Dr. Engin Sezen as Executive Director. Dr. Sezen has successfully led the organization through significant transitions in the midst of a global health crisis. He focused to build Muslim Social Services’ capacity and enhance MSS’s programs, projects, and public relations in the region.
As board and staff, we thank Dr. Sezen for his leadership and wish him well as he pursues research, counselling, and teaching at Wilfrid Laurier University.
The board will have a job description on the website within the next two weeks for anyone who is interested. Muslim Social Services completed a strategic plan in 2020 and affirms the following statements:
- Inclusive: We are welcoming of everyone without judgment
- Grounded in faith: We recognize the importance of faith and spirituality in our work and in the lives of people we work with
- Social justice: We strive to work towards ending oppression and establishing justice in our communities
- Volunteer-driven: We value the contributions of our volunteers
- Trust: Confidentiality, integrity, and trust are crucial to all that we do
- Respect: We will work towards a common goal in spite of personal differences
Rev. Dr. Brice Balmer,
Vice-Chair, Muslim Social Services, Kitchener Waterloo