Our small but mighty not-for-profit organization offers spiritually and culturally-sensitive services to the Waterloo Region.
Our small but mighty not-for-profit organization operates uniquely: offering spiritually and culturally-sensitive humanitarian and social services to the Muslim and non-Muslim communities of the Waterloo Region.
We specialize in licensed counselling and community engagement work including children, youth, adult and senior programs, and educational seminars.
Whether it be volunteering, donating, attending events or spreading the word- we appreciate your help.
- Our Mission
- Our Values
- Our Commitment
SERVING THE COMMUNITY
MSS aims to foster a healthy, inclusive environment and provides various opportunities of learning and personal growth through its educational, outreach, and support initiatives; it seeks to create an understanding of Islam and Muslims in Canada, build bridges with other faith communities as well as mainstream social service and community organizations.
- Faith-based principles: Demonstrating the strengths and caring of the Islamic faith.
- Inclusivity: Filling the gaps that prevent people from feeling they are a valued member of the Kitchener-Waterloo community.
- Compassion: Treating everyone in a sincere, generous, kind, and compassionate manner.
- Respect: Treating all persons equally and fairly in an accepting and non-judgmental manner.
- Social Justice: Creating a society that encourages and celebrates the value of all persons.
THROUGH THE YEARS
MSS offers diversity training workshops, seminars about Islam and Muslims, as well as training workshops for schools administrators, university and college staff, health professionals, police, social workers and other community organizations. Such training workshops help members of organizations develop a keen sense of awareness of Islam devoid of stereotypes and grasp the diversity of Muslims in Canada. It helps them find a way to support their Muslim students, clients or colleagues in a supportive and culturally sensitive manner.
OUR ORGANIZATION 2020
A PROGRAM FOR
EVERYDAY OF THE WEEK
COUNSELLING AND SUPPORT
FOR SUICIDE PREVENTION
A HOMELY RAMADAN