MUSLIM SOCIAL SERVICES of KITCHENER-WATERLOO
Job Title: Research assistant & youth program facilitator
The research assistant & youth program facilitator will assist in developing, archiving, and compiling educational materials and resources for MSS programming. This will require evaluation of Winter/Spring 2017 Syrian refugee and regular programs and other programs, youth professional mentorship program, and University 101 program. The student may be required to do additional research into community needs and various approaches to social service support for newcomer populations.
This student will also co-design and facilitate youth programs run by the organization in summer 2018, particularly the Welcome to Canada program. As an organization, we offer spiritually- and culturally- sensitive and relevant support to our clients. The student’s research and program reflections will help us better to understand the unique needs and contexts of people coming from collectivist communities and enable us to better serve them. The student will use their research to re-design youth programs to be offered in the upcoming Fall & Winter.
- Post-secondary students (Community College, University, Technical Institute): must be returning to school full time in Fall 2018.
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and capable of working responsibly and independently.
- Relevant fields of study include, but are not limited to: Social work, social development studies, global studies, sociology, interdisciplinary studies, arts & business, political science, international development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with youth facilitation an asset.
Priority will be given to students with disabilities, newcomers to Canada or members of a visible minority.
To apply: Email a cover letter and resumé to email@example.com by April 27th, 2018. Please state the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.