Job Title: Research assistant & youth program facilitator
Duration of appointment: June 15, 2016 – August 24, 2016; 40h/week
The research assistant & youth program facilitator will assist in developing, archiving, and compiling educational materials and resources for MSS programming. This will require evaluation of Winter/Spring 2016 Syrian refugee and regular programs, including the Rohingya Youth Voices theatre program, youth professional mentorship program, and University 101 program. The student may be required to do additional research into community needs and various approaches to social service support for newcomer populations.
This student will also co-design and facilitate youth programs run by the organization in summer 2016, particularly the Welcome to Canada program. As an organization, we offer spiritually- and culturally- sensitive and relevant support to our clients. The student’s research and program reflections will help us better to understand the unique needs and contexts of people coming from collectivist communities and enable us to better serve them. The student will use their research to re-design youth programs to be offered in the upcoming Fall & Winter.
- Post-secondary students (Community College, University, Technical Institute): must be returning to school full time in Fall 2016.
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and capable of working responsibly and independently.
- Relevant fields of study include, but are not limited to: Social work, social development studies, global studies, sociology, interdisciplinary studies, arts & business, political science, international development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with youth facilitation an asset.
Priority will be given to students with disabilities, newcomers to Canada or members of a visible minority.
Hourly Wage Rate: $13.00 (subject to increase)
To apply: Email a cover letter and resumé to email@example.com by May 28, 2016. Please state the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.