A short Bibliography on Islam and Muslims
A short bibliography on Islam and Muslims
1. Reliable English Translations of the Quran:
a. The Glorious Quran by Mohammad M. Pickthall
b. The meaning of the Holy Quran By Abdullah Yusuf Ali
c. The sublime Quran by Laleh Bakhtiar (first woman to translate the Quran in English), 2009
2. Islam Today: A short introduction to the Muslim World By Akbar S. Ahmed, 1999.
3. Being Muslim:By Haroon Siddiqui, 2006.
4. Islam: The straight Path By John Esposito, 2004
5. What everyone needs to know about Islam By John Esposito, 2002.
6. Unholy War: Terror in the name of Islam By John Esposito, 2003.
7. The Islamic Threat: Myth or Reality, By John Esposito, 1999.
8. Islam: A short History, By Karen Armstrong, 2002.
9. Muhammad: A Prophet of our time, By Karen Armstrong, 2006.
10. Islam: An introduction, By Anne Marie Schimmel, 1992.
11. Silent no more: Confronting America’s false images of Islam By Paul Findley, 2001.
12. Islam denounces terrorism: Harun Yahya, 2002.
13. Western Muslims and the future of Islam, By Tariq Ramadan, 2005.
14. In the footprints of the Prophet: Lessons form the life of Muhammad By Tariq Ramadan, 2007.
15. The principles of state and government in Islam, By Muhammad Asad, 1961.
16. Inner dimensions of Islamic worship, By Al-Ghazali and translated by Muhtar Holland, 1983.
17. The Life of Muhammad By: Muhammad Husayn Haykal, translated by Ismail Ragi Al-Faruqi, 1976.
18. And Muhammad is His Messenger: the veneration of the Prophet in Islamic piety, By Anne Marie Schimmel, 1985.
19. Mystical Dimensions of Islam, By Anne Marie Scimmel. 1978.
20. My soul is a woman: The feminine in Islam, By Annemarie Schimmel, 2002
21. The vision of Islam, By Sachiko Murata and William Chittick, 1996.
22. The Tao of Islam: A sourcebook on gender relationships in Islamic Thought, By Sachiko Murata, 1992.
23. 101- Questions and answers on Islam, By John Renard, 2004.
24. Covering Islam: How the media and the experts determine how we see the rest of the world, By Edward W. Said, 1997.
25. The Heart of Islam: enduring values for humanity By Seyyed Hossain Nasr, 2004.
26. The face behind the veil: The extraordinary lives of Muslim women in America By Donna Gehrke-White, 2006
27. Rethinking Muslim women and the veil: Challenging historical and modern stereotypes, By Katherine Bullock, 2002.
28. Muslim women activists in North America: Speaking for ourselves By Katherine Bullock, 2005.
29. Quran and Woman: rereading the sacred text from a woman’s perspective By Amina Wadud, 1999.
30. Islam, gender and social change By Yvonne Yazbeck Haddad and John Esposito, 1997.
31. Jesus and Muhammad: The parallel sayings Ed. By Joey Green, 2003.
32. Even Angels Ask: A journey to Islam in America By Jeffrey Lang, 1997.
33. Islam and the destiny of Man By Charles Le Gai Eaton
34. Muslim contributions to world civilization Ed. By Basheer Ahmed et.al. 2005.
35. A world without Islam, By, Graham E. Fuller, 2010.
36. Acts of faith: The story of an American Muslim, Eboo Patel, 2008.
37. Who speaks for Islam: What a billion Muslims really think, By John Esposito and Dalia Mogahed, 2008.
38. What do Muslims believe? The roots and realities of modern Islam, By , Ziauddin Sardar, 2007.
39. Islam, Science, Muslims and technology, By, Seyyed Hossein Nasr, 2009
40. The Inner Journey: Views from the Islamic Tradition, Ed. William C. Chittick, Parabola Anthology Series, Morning Light Press, 2007.
41. Every man in this village is a liar: an education in war, By Megan K. Stack, Doubleday, 2010.
42. Destiny Disrupted: a history of the world through Islamic eyes, By Tamim Ansary, BBS Public affairs, NY, 2009.
43. Acts of faith: the story of an American Muslim; Eboo Patel, 2008
A research study on Canadian Muslim women and domestic violence
Violence in the lives of Muslim girls and women