Job Title: Social Policy Researcher
The social policy researcher will:
• Assist in developing, archiving, and compiling educational materials and resources for MSS programming
• Develop questionnaires, co-ordinate and conduct surveys,
• Many of MSS programs will already have undergone a preliminary evaluation process and the student’s job will be to aggregate and analyze the findings.
• Conduct additional research into community needs and various approaches to social service support for newcomer populations.
• There will be a strong emphasis on supporting research that will inform our next phase of programs for Syrian refugee, integration, taking a post-conflict trauma informed, spiritually sensitive, and culturally sensitive approach to counselling and support services.
• This student will also co-design and facilitate youth programs run by the organization in summer 2019, particularly the Welcome to Canada program.
• As an organization, we have always made a point of offering spiritually- and culturally- sensitive and relevant support to our clients. The student’s research will help us better to understand the unique needs and contexts of people coming from collectivist communities and enable us to better serve them. The student will use their research to re-design a selection of programs to be offered in the upcoming year.
• Post-secondary students (Community College, University, Technical Institute): must be returning to school full time in Fall 2019.
• The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and capable of working responsibly and independently.
• Relevant fields of study include, but are not limited to: Social work, social development studies, global studies, sociology, interdisciplinary studies, arts & business, political science, international development.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with youth facilitation an asset.
• Fluency in another language beside English or French is considered an asset
Priority will be given to newcomers’ youth or youth of a visible minority.
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 17, 2019.
Please state the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.
Hourly Wage Rate: 14.50
Number of Weeks: 12
Number of Hours per Week: 31.5
Start date: May, 27 till August,23, 2019