Job Title: Communications assistant
The communication assistant will:
• Manage social media’s accounts (Facebook, Twitter)
• Manage and update the website (WordPress)
• Write regularly for our blog
• Design summer newsletter
• Gather stories from clients served & community partners to highlight on our blog, newsletters and reporting forms
• Design of outreach materials and meeting with community partners
• Assist with grant writing and editing
• Post-secondary student (Community College, University, Technical Institute): must be returning to school full time in Fall 2019.
• Relevant fields of study include, but are not limited to: English, marketing, speech communications, urban planning, interdisciplinary studies, sociology, social work, social development studies, international development and psychology.
• The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and capable of working responsibly and independently.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• experience in graphic design, WordPress, social media communication.
Priority will be given to newcomers’ youth or youth of a visible minority.
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 17, 2019.
Please state the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.
Hourly Wage Rate: 14.50
Number of Weeks: 12
Number of Hours per Week: 31.5
Start date: May, 27 till August,23, 2019