Job Title: Communications assistant
Duration of appointment: June 15, 2016 – August 24, 2016; 30h/week
- Social media management (Facebook, Twitter)
- Website updates and management (WordPress)
- Design of newsletters
- Gathering stories from clients served and community partners to highlight in our giving appeals, newsletters, and reporting
- Design of outreach materials and meeting with community partners
- Assistance with grant writing and editing
- Post-secondary student (Community College, University, Technical Institute): must be returning to school full time in Fall 2016.
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and capable of working responsibly and independently.
- Relevant fields of study include, but are not limited to: English, marketing, speech communications, urban planning, interdisciplinary studies, sociology, social work, social development studies, and psychology.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Background in graphic design, WordPress, social media communication an asset.
Priority will be given to students with disabilities, newcomers to Canada or members of a visible minority.
Hourly wage rate: $12.50 (subject to increase)
To apply: Email a cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 28, 2016. Please state the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.