- Welcome to Canada – mothers & children: A series of integration workshops for mothers. Topics include: physical and mental health, parenting, school settlement issues and more. The children’s program includes story time, songs, finger puppet plays and crafts.
- Welcome to Canada- Youth: A youth-led initiative to provide new Canadian refugee youth a chance to learn about life in Canada. Each week will include physical activity, computer time, creative arts and a guest lecturer.
- Week 1: Conflict Resolution with William Gentle
- Week 2: School Integration with Lori Butler
- Week 3: Anger and Stress Management with Gillian Wells
- Week 4: Mental Health with Dr. Kathy Lawrence
- Week 5: Physical Health, Nutrition and Substance Abuse, with Dr. Chris Steingart and Adam Rauf
- Muslim-Mennonite Dialogue: As part of an ongoing Muslim-Mennonite Dialogue, MSS youth and Mennonite Youth come together each month at Mennonite Central Committee to pack medical, school and relief kits.
- Storytimes:MSS welcomes refugee children age 5-7 to a series of Storytimes sessions. Enjoy a warm welcome, inspiring stories, joyful songs, fun fingerplays, playful puppets and creative crafts!
Udhiya Program: If you are planning to do udhiya locally this year, please consider donating a portion for the needy in our community. MSS will be distributing coupons to families in need who will pick up meat directly from local halal butchers. Each family will receive packages of 5lbs or more, depending on the size of the family. The leftover meat will then be donated to the House of Friendship halal meat program or the Regional Food Bank halal meat program